We don’t know about you but, in general, people that make smoothies, LOVE smoothies, yes/no?! Well that’s kind of how we felt towards the #GreenSmoothieBrigade – until we got a new liquidiser, had some leftover greens and thought we’d give one a go… turns out they’re pretty handy, insanely versatile and there are VERY few rules around what can/cannot go in them 😉
It turns out the ingredients are super straightforward, all you need is:
- Half a cup (half the size of your serving vessel that is) of Mylk (Oat, Hazelnut, Cashew, Almond, Coconut, Hemp or regular Milk) + a dash of Yoghurt if you have some going spare
- 2 Servings of Fruit (literally any type – Kiwi, Apple, Pineapple, Berries, Pomegranates, Banana, Mango, ½ ripe Avocado etc.)
- 2+ servings of Veggies (Spinach, Rocket, Kohlrabi, Courgettes, Broccoli, Cucumber, Lettuce, Spring Greens, Kale, Swiss Chard, Cabbage + any fresh herbs; Mint, Coriander, Basil, Parsley etc.)
- A dash of Spice: Vanilla / Cinnamon / Nutmeg / Ginger (fresh or ground)
- Anything else: Flaxseeds, Hemp / Pumpkin / Sunflower Seeds, any Nuts, Buckwheat Sprouts, Coconut Chips, 1tsp Chia… You get the gist!?
Combine everything, whizz it up, top with whateverrr you want #HeyPresto!