For a Vegan version simply don’t add the egg!
250g Black Turtle Bean
250g Sweet Potato
250g Courgette (Raw)
2tbsp Buckwheat Flour
2 Organic Free-Range Eggs
Pink Himalayan Salt & Pepper
- Soak your Beans in triple the amount of water for a good 6 hours or overnight
- Whack the oven on to 180°C
- Rinse and bring to the boil with (again) triple the amount of cold water
- Bring to the boil and allow to simmer for 1 hr 15 mins, try to taste & if too al-dente cook for a further 10 mins or so
- Meanwhile bake a large Sweet Potato for 50 mins, remove when crispy on the outside and soft on the inside
- In a blender, add all your ingredients (*including the Sweet Potato skin) except the cooked Beans
- Blitz to form a smooth paste before adding the Beans for a final 15 second blitz – you want to leave some whole for texture
- Then shape the mixture into 2 patties and bake for 15 minutes
We served this with a Butternut Squash puree, a soft poached Egg, some rocket & a slice of toasted Sourdough.